Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Letter to Missionaries

Dear Friends,

It’s a great time to be a missionary isn’t it! The work of the Lord continues to move forward faster and stronger than eve r, and we are so blessed to be a part of it. My brother in law once taught me a great analogy and I would love to share it with you. As he drove down the Gorge between Washington and Oregon he saw the Columbia River. The wind was blowing very strong and it was blowing the opposite way that the river was flowing, it was causing 5 foot waves pushing up current. Although on the surface it appeared the wind was pushing the water upstream, the great Columbia continued to flow e very strong. He related this to the Lord’s work. Sure at times we run into challenges or have difficult moments when Satan is trying to stop the work of the Lord from moving forward, but it will ALWAYS move forward. He worded it a lot better, but I hope you understand what it means.

It has been or is such a blessing to be a full time missionary I am truly enjoying my service to our Heavenly Father and hope all of you are as well. Enjoy every part of your mission both good and bad. I am grateful to all of you and your examples to me. Don’t get discouraged out here the Lord is on our side and we will win the fight. I know that Jesus Christ lives and speaks with our church leaders to help us know what we need to be doing. Follow their council in all that you do. I know the words they speak are scripture as is the Bible and Book of Mormon, study from them daily and you will be blessed.

I love you all so much and wish you the best this holiday season, and throughout the rest of your mission.

Till we meet again, God Speed!

Love, Elder Randy Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment